Outreach / Mission
The Outreach/Mission Committee works to carry out the church’s Christian theology of service to others in our community and in the world, placing an emphasis on food, clean water, and re-building programs.
- Salvation Army Dinners: First Presbyterian youth prepare dinner for the Salvation Army quarterly.
- Guatemala Medical Mission: Medical clinic has been added to our annual Living Waters for the World Missions. Volunteers provide health care assistance to the surrounding community of our water projects.
- Disaster Relief Activities: Most recently, a group went to the Baton Rouge area to offer relief help to homes following the catastrophic flooding.
- Youth Outreach: The Youth participate in a variety of outreach projects monthly.
- Living Water for the World: The mission conducted water purification system upgrades and repairs and added an on-going medical mission. 15 water systems in Guatemala have been installed and 1 in Cuba.
- Hill T.O.P.
- Church After School Association (CASA) uses our gymnasium free of charge.
- Operation Christmas Child: 110 OCC boxes were donated in 2016.
- Salvation Army
- Saints Brew, Helping Hands, St. Luke’s Food Pantry
- Two Cents a Meal Collections
- Benevolence support – In addition to above: Shepherd’s Center, Faith Haven, Boys and Girls Club, Catch Kids, Safe, Antone Tannehill Good Samaritan Free Clinic, Sanctuary Hospice House, SAFE.